InterVol has an annual process in place that works around the academic year at each of our university groups:
1. Student volunteers apply and register interest for projects and attend information and selection days (October – December).
2. Volunteers are selected, interviewed and placed in teams (December-January). We do not accept every volunteer that applies for InterVol and carefully select teams based on the skill-sets required for each project.
3. Project teams receive training in cultural awareness, child protection, first aid and their specific project as they fund-raise as a group towards a target to cover the direct costs of the project (January – June). This includes an intensive training day on security, health overseas, and motivations and risks of international volunteering for all for volunteers.
4. Volunteers fly out to their project country for between 3-8 weeks, many volunteers choose to travel after their project is completed (June-September). Volunteers cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
5. Projects are evaluated by the InterVol committees, partner NGOs and trustees (September-October).
Check out our current projects under the ‘Projects’ tab.